Thursday, March 22, 2012

Life Lessons

I met my husband at work. We sat in adjoining cubicles, passed notes, took lunch and breaks together, mocked the other employees (because we're that perfect), and just generally enjoyed our oddball friendship. I don't know why I started doing it, but I began a sticky note list of life lessons. These were all things that I felt could only improve a person's quality of existence. For that reason I will share some of them you.

Lesson #1. Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Lesson #2. Eat right, exercise daily, die anyway.

Lesson #3. Never poke a sleeping bear in the eye unless you have a really long stick and can outrun the other people with you.

Lesson #4. The grass is only greener on the other side when you don't water your lawn.

Lesson #5. If life hands you lemons, set up a lemonade stand. Why not make a buck off your misery?

Lesson #6. Trying to reason with the ignorant is like speaking French to an ape... Both will just get your arms ripped off.

Lesson #7. If you make a mess, go get a broom and clean it up. Or just use the broom you rode into town on.

No comments:

Post a Comment